What a Life! Stories of Amazing People -Mantesh
or selectively click on the files tree
- What a Life! Stories of Amazing People -Mantesh
- What a Life! - Stories of Amazing People.pdf (28.60 Mb)
- Torrent downloaded from AhaShare.com.txt (0.06 Kb)
- Torrent downloaded from d2.vu.txt (0.04 Kb)
There are no comments yet. Be first.
What a Life! - Stories of Amazing People
These and other fascinating facts make up the biographies in 'What A Life!'
Did you know that:
• Jean Paul Getty put pay phones in his guests' bedrooms to save money on phone bills?
• Leonardo da Vinci wrote backwards in his notebooks so that nobody could read them?
• Pele´s first soccer ball was a grapefruit?
• Pablo Picasso never threw anything away, not even empty cereal boxes?
• Agatha Christie wrote a book that actually saved someone's life?
This three-book series takes a fresh approach to making reading both pleasurable and motivating! High-interest biographies focus on less-known facts about famous figures, rather than the chronology of events typical of most biographies.
Each book in the 'What A Life!' Series takes a multicultural approach, featuring 24 short biographies on inspirational figures from all over the world.
Subjects range from historical and political figures to athletes, artists, entertainers, and humanitarians, including:
• Marie Curie
• I.M. Pei
• Eva Perón
• Agatha Christie
• Muhammad Ali
• Bruce Lee
• Leonardo da Vinci
• William Shakespeare
• Cesar Chavez
• Pablo Picasso
• Maria Montessori
• Mother Teresa
In addition to the biographical reading, each short, easy-tofollow unit includes:
• Pre-reading questions and activities.
• Vocabulary exercises -- definition and usage.
• Main-idea and reading-skills exercises.
• Questions on detail and inference.
• Discussion, comprehension, and writing activities.
• Answers to exercises at the end of each book.